Meet Our Football Coaches
- David is from Gobles, Michigan and currently lives in Portage.
- He has a Bachelor’s Degree from Albion College in Exercise Science where he also played four years of football.
- He has a Master’s Degree in Coaching Sport Performance from Western Michigan University.
- He has been working with clients of all ages and experience for almost 12 years and his personal experience in playing collegiate football has really focused an interest in sports performance and coaching that he can apply to everyone he works with.
- Over 10 years of coaching experience in baseball and football.
- Won numerous awards, including a state championship in baseball as a head coach.
- Well-rounded understanding of how to help athletes succeed.
- Leads with honesty, positivity and accountability, combined with a strength-based approach to instruction and focusing on what an individual does well.
- Holds a master’s degree in exercise science as well as certified strength and conditioning specialist (CSCS) certification.
- USA Weightlifting (USAW) certified level 1 club coach.
- Teaches physical education and strength and conditioning in Vicksburg. Organizes and maintains the weight room and designs/oversees workouts for athletes from every varsity sport on a daily basis, totaling nearly 110 students on average each semester.
- Played football and basketball at South Lyon High School where he graduated in 2011.
- Awarded all-conference first team in Kensington Lakes Activities Association (KLAA) and honorable mention on the All-Oakland County football team at the position of linebacker.
- Graduated from Western Michigan University with a bachelor’s degree in exercise science.